Monday, July 5, 2010

Today's Outfit Advice: Your Skin Tone & Your Clothes

Senior Photo Outfits 101: Your Skin Tone & Your Clothes
Your Professor: Natasha Bouchette!


All this month we will be discussing various important outfit advice for your Senior Portraits! Check back often to gain ideas for your big day!

Today's Outfit Advice: Your Skin Tone & Your Clothes

Lets start with a makeup analogy and then move on to outfits! If you are young woman then the odds are that you have worn foundation at least once in your life. Have you ever mistakenly purchased the wrong foundation and ended up with a streaky face that just looks wrong? Your foundation didn't go with your skin! The same thing happens when we buy clothes that do not go with our skin! We end up looking pale and flat when we could be using our clothing colors to enhance our best features!

I will use myself as an example.

I learned years ago that blue is most certainly NOT my color. Ew. The beauty of my green eyes falls flat and my skin looks sickly. I wear bright, warm colors because: A. I love bright colors, B. They attract attention (yes, I am an attention seeker) C. The warm reds, oranges, yellows and hot pinks work best with my skin, and D. I only get complements on my clothes when I am wearing warm colors (I pay close attention). So, if everyone thinks I look my best in warm colors then that is what I wear!

What colors do people rave about when you wear them? If you have an honest friend, invite them over to judge your clothes when you hold them up to your face. Maybe they can tell you what looks best with your skin/hair/eyes. Or, go online and look up your skin tone to find colors of makeup and clothing that will work best for you! Wearing the right colors can make your eyes look bigger, your skin look brighter, your hair look less drab, etc. I hope this will come in handy when choosing your Senior session outfit!

Looking forward to speaking with you about your session

Timber Creek Photography