Friday, July 23, 2010

FUN! Fashion Lighting

FUN! Fashion Lighting
There are some days that I come to work not knowing what on earth I will be doing. This was one of those days.




So Pam and I were watching a video tutorial on fashion lighting (yes, we educate ourselves on a nearly daily basis) and we saw a really weird technique for getting unique lighting. Although we are not going to share it with you we can assure you it is strange.

Anyway, we get all excited to try our new technique and realize... no photo shoot today! Who are we going to take pics of???

Deep Breathe

Me. So, I hobble out to the studio with my sprained ankle dragging behind me and I pop in front of Pam's camera. It was weird to be on the other end of the job. I'm not a model and I don't pretend to be, but we needed a subject.

So this is me, in my rain jacket (because the white tank I was wearing was hideous) and my hair is a giant mess. I assure you I did straighten it that day but the moisture in the air got it wavy again.

Anyway, after trying the techniques we notice something kinda cool... the pictures have a beautiful, warm quality to them. My skin glows nicely (which is good because I am white as snow. The only color on me are my freckles) and the colors around me become bold. I'm thinking this technique would be fantastic for fall portraits, and for playing around with some Seniors, trying to get that "model" coloring in the photograph without doing any lighting editing.
Enjoy our lighting practice!


Looking forward to speaking with you about your Senior Session!
Timber Creek Photography, Mauston

WANT MORE AWESOME SENIOR PHOTO ADVICE? CHECK OUT OUR SENIOR BLOG!
Timber Creek Blog

Become a Facebook Fan! (Links to the latest blogs and Senior Photo Info):
Timber Creek Fan Page

Become a Facebook Friend of the Photographer (lots of Senior Images on Display)
Pam Kastner



No comments:

Post a Comment