Friday, July 16, 2010

Senior Photos 101: Fake Freckles!

Senior Photos 101: Fake Freckles!
Your Professor: Natasha Bouchette


All this month Timber Creek Photography will be discussing various important advice for your Senior Portraits! Check back often to gain ideas for your big day!

Today's Senior Photo Advice: Fake Freckles!
Your Professor: Natasha, of Timber Creek Photography


I have freckles. Lots of them. And, unlike most of the freckled population I actually like mine; I wouldn't even mind having some more of them! While in high school I subscribed to Seventeen Magazine and came across an article for girls who didn't have freckles but wanted them. I read with interest! I had never heard of someone wanting freckles but apparently there is a freckle market somewhere. The advice they gave was excellent, and so I will be sharing it with you - it is one of my beauty secrets that I especially use during the sunless Winter months!


If you don't have freckles, or your freckles are fading, but you would like to either have some or enhance the ones you have you will need:

1 skinny brown eyeliner pencil.

That's it. You just take the pencil and gently press it on your face in normal freckling spots (around lips, around the bridge of the nose, and sometimes on the cheeks). If you already have freckles (like me) then you find the ones you have and go over them with the pencil to darken them. In the Winter months I do this so that my freckles show up at parties and in flash photos.

If you have freckles, or want some, but you want them to be more noticeable in your Senior Session, dot your face with some eyeliner :) Especially consider this when your appointment is in Winter, or if your freckles are light enough that they could dissappear in the photo flash. One small tip I would like to share with you is to NOT overdo your freckling. A light dot of color is all you need, and you don't need too many.

And don't make fun of my beauty secret! It's not weird to have fake freckles if you already have fake hair, brows, lips, boobs, nails... etc.

Looking forward to speaking with you about your Senior Session!
Timber Creek Photography, Mauston


Become a Facebook Fan! (Links to the latest blogs and Senior Photo Info):
http://www.facebook.com/pages/edit/?id=125818769461#!/pages/Mauston-WI/Timber-Creek-Photography/125818769461

Become a Facebook Friend of the Photographer (lots of Senior Images on Display)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mauston-WI/Timber-Creek-Photography/125818769461#!/timbercreekphoto

Visit our website!
http://www.timbercreekphoto.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment